saragassum trigger - RIP

JBrowning

Premium Member
My saragassum trigger died. For no apparent reason. Everyone else in my 180 FOWLR tank is fine. I am wondering if they have some special requirement that I was unaware of??? He was eating fine, both prepared food (spectrum) and frozen mysis. He did not eat one day, died the next. ANy thoughts?

Thats sorta what my butterfly did, wasnt eating one night, i wake up hes dead. Im sorry for your loss :(

I hung dried seaweed out several times, but he never came after it, but he came after the rest of the food just fine.

I think mine might have had a stroke or just lost most of its vision. It stays in the rocks most of the times. When it tries to swim, it bumps into rocks or other fish. Its coming out a lot more now than it did, but for 1 week it just peaked out. The reason I think it lost its vision is you have to hold a piece of frozen shrimp right up to its mouth and he readily takes it. It acts as if it doesn't see it if it is just next to him.

Wow sorry to hear about that, if you do try another trigger & it will not eat Nori than try Fresh Frozen Peas or Fresh Frozen Broccoli Thawed. I also feed Fresh thin carrot slices to my Pinktail along with the meaty foods, Formula I & II Pellets.

Kaye

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6624927#post6624927 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by VolitanLioness
Wow sorry to hear about that, if you do try another trigger & it will not eat Nori than try Fresh Frozen Peas or Fresh Frozen Broccoli Thawed. I also feed Fresh thin carrot slices to my Pinktail along with the meaty foods, Formula I & II Pellets.

Kaye

Can you explain this phrase: "Fresh Frozen Peas or Fresh Frozen Broccoli Thawed". Either its fresh or its frozen. Or you mean you buy it fresh then freeze it? Or are you just talking about frozen veggies? Maybe Im slow but the wording mixed me up....

Well it is always a shame to loose a trigger. They are more like a family pet then a "fish." My condolences, I lost a niger trigger once and couldn't buy another. Kinda like my snowflake eel he's a real character! I love him and don't think I could replace him.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12783469#post12783469 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MeskeetDog
Can you explain this phrase: "Fresh Frozen Peas or Fresh Frozen Broccoli Thawed". Either its fresh or its frozen. Or you mean you buy it fresh then freeze it? Or are you just talking about frozen veggies? Maybe Im slow but the wording mixed me up....

I was wondering the same thing:)

Back