SCMAS Meetin November 16th

gcarroll

SCMAS Meeting*

When: Friday, November 16, 2018*@ 7:00 p.m.
Where: IHOP, 1001 E 17th St, Santa Ana CA 92701-2546

Topic: *A Reefer's Christmas List
Guest Speakers: *Robert and Wayland of Marine Depot

The end of 2018 is coming and every reefer has the same question.... *What to get themselves for Christmas! *Well, Robert and Wayland of Marine Depot are coming to talk about all the new gear available this holiday season. *

Judging by the list of items on Marine Depot's*donation list, this is going to be our best meeting raffle ever!

Don't forget to bring your water samples to have them tested by Steve Garrett.*

Also, be sure to get your raffle tickets for another amazing raffle!*

Is this meet open to everyone? I am just getting back into the hobby after 10 years. This time with my young son. So we’re looking to connect with fellow reefers who have the passion for the hobby like us.

Is this meet open to everyone? I am just getting back into the hobby after 10 years. This time with my young son. So we're looking to connect with fellow reefers who have the passion for the hobby like us.

Yes it is open to anyone. Can't beat the opportunities and privileges you get with being a member of the club. Not too mention the connections with fellow reefers. You and your son should really think about attending. Best thing me and my wife did about year and a half ago.

Charles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great meeting ahead and having people from Marine Depot going over some of their holiday picks sounds like presentation to look forward to.

I woke up this morning feeling lucky. It may pass though... I've been getting skunked for a while now! See you guys later.

Anyone have a temp controller on the cheap?

These seem cheap enough

I woke up this morning feeling lucky. It may pass though... I've been getting skunked for a while now! See you guys later.

Anyone have a temp controller on the cheap?
a1ed542a6e529f4964a43ce84c9739a0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Do you use the ranco etc-11000? Sorry I’m a newb how is this used?

I'm not up to speed on them. I think that model you have to water proof the temp probe? Maybe someone else can chime in. I've always used an Apex or Reef Keeper for this purpose. But buying three expensive controllers for three quarantine tanks just isn't going to happen so I was going to look into alternatives.

Your heater plugs into it, it basically bypasses the heaters internal thermostat and shuts it down when it reaches the desired temperature. The built in thermostats on heaters go bad and can potentially fry your tank when they get stuck on. So having a heater on a controller of some type is your insurance policy.

I'm not up to speed on them. I think that model you have to water proof the temp probe? Maybe someone else can chime in. I've always used an Apex or Reef Keeper for this purpose. But buying three expensive controllers for three quarantine tanks just isn't going to happen so I was going to look into alternatives.

Your heater plugs into it, it basically bypasses the heaters internal thermostat and shuts it down when it reaches the desired temperature. The built in thermostats on heaters go bad and can potentially fry your tank when they get stuck on. So having a heater on a controller of some type is your insurance policy.

Yea more accurate to. Yea model I have doesn't have a plug so you wouldn't have to splice an outlet to it or heater direct.

Back