Screen lid for euro brace.

lowtek

So its confession time. I've had my euro-braced tank running with livestock for almost 2 years. I was highly under the impression that my euro brace would prevent jumpers especially having witnessed my spooked clowns run for dear life when I added my Yellow Tang. The way they ran up the side and jumped, I was certain the brace would contain all my fish I planned on adding. So, I waited and waited to add my Ruby Red Dragonet. Needless to say, about 2 months after adding her, she jumped to the dry side and found a new purpose. Any suggestions on a lid for a euro braced tank? Should I find or make one that fits over the whole tank? Or would I be safe with a lid hanging from inside of euro brace? Thanks for reading and for any suggestions. Peace.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You can make or buy.. The choice is yours..
Anything from building one with window screen material or similar "netting" from the hardware store/home depot,etc.. to fancier buy not build options like artfulacrylic (Clearviewlids) https://www.clearviewlids.com/

Not exactly sure what you mean by a "lid hanging from inside" but anything that blocks the openings and keeps fish from jumping out would be sufficient..

The only potential issues with solid lids would be if that lid were to prevent proper gas exchange (oxygen/nitrogen) and no other attribute of the tank facilitates gas exchange to the local environment.

Note your choice of material will also reduce the amount of light penetration to some extent or another. Most often this is not a big issue as the amount of light reduction isn't drastic

I personally use twinwall polycarbonate sheets to create a solid lid and still have some minor openings for fish feeders/sump return piping,etc... to allow gas exchange in addition to an uncovered sump.

You can make or buy.. The choice is yours..
Anything from building one with window screen material or similar "netting" from the hardware store/home depot,etc.. to fancier buy not build options like artfulacrylic (Clearviewlids) https://www.clearviewlids.com/

Not exactly sure what you mean by a "lid hanging from inside" but anything that blocks the openings and keeps fish from jumping out would be sufficient..

The only potential issues with solid lids would be if that lid were to prevent proper gas exchange (oxygen/nitrogen) and no other attribute of the tank facilitates gas exchange to the local environment.

Note your choice of material will also reduce the amount of light penetration to some extent or another. Most often this is not a big issue as the amount of light reduction isn't drastic

I personally use twinwall polycarbonate sheets to create a solid lid and still have some minor openings for fish feeders/sump return piping,etc... to allow gas exchange in addition to an uncovered sump.
What I mean by lid hanging from inside is hanging the net lid from the inside edge of euro brace as opposed to using a net lid that just covers the whole tank and doesnt rest on euro brace but more along the perimeter of the tank.

I just feel kind of sketchy putting any kind of compression load on top euro brace. I'm thinking it might weaken the silicone holding the brace in place. But I know it will look a lot cleaner than just slapping a huge lid over whole tank.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Back