Seaweed sheets

ErosJN

For those that feed seaweed sheets, have you ever tried the Walmart seaweed sheets used for sushi rolls? I purchased a pack of 20 sheets for 2.56 today and my fish seem to love it. Much better than spending $12 for 10 sheets at the LFS, just wondering if their are any pros/cons?

I use nori for sushi sheets all the time i work at a restaurant does sushi we actually used to use it to feed the tangs in our saltwater tank. I also use masago sometimes which is fish eggs they love it.

Thats awesome to know. Ill definitely be using these sheets instead of the LFS brand from now on. I was also in an experimental mood tonight and decided to make my own fish food. I spent about 30 bucks on whiting, oysters, shrimp, silver sides, and scallops. Blended them all together with about 3 sesweed sheets and some garlic juice, i was able to get 4 zip lock bags worth of food to freeze, tried it out a little while ago and the tank inhabitants went crazy :)

I buy nori sheets from Publix. All of my fish eat it, clowns, pj cardinals, hippo tang, foxface and yellow watchman goby.

I use nori for sushi sheets all the time i work at a restaurant does sushi we actually used to use it to feed the tangs in our saltwater tank. I also use masago sometimes which is fish eggs they love it.

Doesn't masago usually have a dye added to it? I would loveto able to find capelin eggs without anything added to it rather tham keep paying for Reef Caviar.

Any difference between roasted and unroasted? The ones I purchased are roasted, no additives though...

Roasted I believe is cooked while unroasted is set out in the sun to dry I believe that unroasted is more desirable but roasted will work just fine.

Chris thank you very much. Got my 2 packets today all I have to say that I have enough to last me a year with one pack. And they love it.

Back