Medicated Quarantine in Europe

Kirino

So I've wanted to setup a quarantine procedure over here in Europe. Most of the information out on the net however is based on products like API General Cure, Prazipro and so on. Products you generally can't find over here. What kinda bugs me is when I posted on a forum over here, checking for alternatives, I got like 0 response. Even though there were like 150 views. So maybe I just asked a really stupid question, or people don't do medicated quarantine over here? Either way I decided to make a little list and try to find suitable alternatives. I don't really feel like ordering overseas. It would be great to use local products, or so is my current line of thought.

The silly list: Google Spreadsheet.

There are probably more brands out there, but the ones available the easiest are: Colombo, Esha, Sera and Tetra. I've also found this one called 'Aquarium Munster', which I had never heard about. I kinda still have to look at their products.

For now I'm planning to go with ESHA Gdex, which seems to cover flukes and flatworms, as an alternative to Prazipro. Followed by eSHa NDX to cover the roundworms. I'd still start with a copper treatment. At the moment I have Cupramine. Although I'm wondering about using Colombo Marine Cobrasal instead. I'd like to find out more about their components though. Colombo seems to have other products, like for example Colombo Lernex Pro, which supposedly deals better with roundworms and flukes and such. It seems to be for ponds only though. To be honest the koi pond hobby is a lot bigger here then the salt water reefing hobby.

More investigation to be done, but what do you guys think? Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but I'd like to understand what's in these products.

Edit: there are two sheets, one lists the products and what they are supposed to cure, one lists what products contain which components (and what those components are supposed to cure).

Back