seaweed?

jbonez

SALT LIFE
i was wondering if it is ok to feed my tangs seaweed everyday soaked with , selcon & seachem garlic..

ok cool i was told 3 or 4x a week. im using rods seaweed red,purple, green & red seaweed. also rods frozen food my fish love it..:)

I haven't tried Rod's seaweed, but Nori (from the Asian markets) has worked great for my tangs (and is very cheap compared to aquarium-branded seaweeds).

I haven't tried Rod's seaweed, but Nori (from the Asian markets) has worked great for my tangs (and is very cheap compared to aquarium-branded seaweeds).

can nori sustain a tang in addition to meaty frozen foods and mixes?

I was also going to grow sea lettuce (Ulva) in my fuge to trim and feed as an occasional treat :)

I was also going to grow sea lettuce (Ulva) in my fuge to trim and feed as an occasional treat :)

Yes, you should feed meaty foods along with the nori. My fish all also love love NLS pellets.

Instead of Ulva you may want to consider Red Gracellaria. Tangs LOVE it.

yeah, i feed mine nls also the 1mm size also rods frozen food and i make a frozen fodd , mixture is
raw shrimo, scloops, clam, flounder , seaweed, selco & garlic put it in a blender zip lock flatten bag and freeze..

I'll have to order some ulva and gracillaria from Reefcleaners next time!

I also feed PE mysis and NLS pellets. The tangs go nuts for those too!

Yes, you should feed meaty foods along with the nori. My fish all also love love NLS pellets.

Instead of Ulva you may want to consider Red Gracellaria. Tangs LOVE it.

think I can have both? Gracilaria spp Red right? will it go sexual?

ulva is my primary fuge alage that is why. chaeto is illegal to have where I live.

plus it is where I will grow pods in it.

Gracelliaria will not go sexual. You could probably have both as Gracellaria actually likes less nutrients than the other macros.

Back