Seeking advice/alternatives

Tonblogna

I bought a small used aquarium and it was drilled but I could not see the size of the hole due to the way it was plugged. I removed the plug and it is only a one-inch hole and the smallest bulkheads fish stores carry are half inch which are slightly too large for the hole. Are there some alternatives for a drain other than a bulkhead or the siphon style drain/overflow ?

Ok thanks...not too worried about flow...just temporary set up while I get carpet and new tank up. Couple weeks at the most. Thinking a lot of silicone and tubing with a tightened fitting will make do...not too worried about minor leaks either...will be in unfinished portion of the basement.

If it very temporary just go to Home Depot and make your own bulkhead out of pvc parts and some rubber. I bet you can make it work.

If it's a temp tank, just silicone a piece of glass over the hole and drill a new hole in a different location. If it's to be more of a permanent tank install, drilling a larger hole around the existing hole could be done. Carefully.

If it very temporary just go to Home Depot and make your own bulkhead out of pvc parts and some rubber. I bet you can make it work.

3/4" pvc O.D. is just a hair over 1". Put a 90 on the exterior side of 3/4 and silicone the 3/4" in the hole, with the 90 elbow butted up against the glass? You would probably need to brace the pipe on the exterior somehow to keep it from accidentally getting knocked.

Back