Seemingly wonderful new Anemonefish site

It is a page put up by Joe Rowlett. Listed as an author at on of the other saltwater websites.

Wait according to that the fish I thought was named "Brown Saddleback Anemone" has a whole different classification... Amphiprion annamensis. Has anyone heard of this scientific name before? I thought they were just a variant of polymus?

Wait according to that the fish I thought was named "Brown Saddleback Anemone" has a whole different classification... Amphiprion annamensis. Has anyone heard of this scientific name before? I thought they were just a variant of polymus?

I have not heard of these changes as well and was hoping someone could shed some light on the new "classifications". Are they merely proposed, or have each new species been properly described?

I have not heard of these changes as well and was hoping someone could shed some light on the new "classifications". Are they merely proposed, or have each new species been properly described?

Since he has Maroons in Amphiprion rather than Premnas,and since he uses words like "should", I would think they are proposed classifications.

Back