Sending a text message with APEX

I know Im probably just missing something basic, but I can't even get my e-mail working. Does it matter which e-mail account I use, I have three different providers? Do I have to do a restart each time I change the e-mail settings? If anyone could paste those settings here especially if you use Sbcglobal.net, that would be helpful. Im such a newbie I can't even figure how to copy my telnet replies to send to neptunesystems.
When I telnet I get something about an unknown host as the response.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Im so stoked to nearly have this thing functioning completely after 3 weeks of configuring.

Doest work for verizon. If I copy the address out of my controller straight into my hotmail it goes through right away, just doesnt work for my controller.

Nevermind.... I had a space after the email address and that was what screwed it up.

I use Verizon and it work perfectly...

What do you get from the Telnet test:

Connect to the controller using Telnet and at the AquaController prompt type:

cons
1 maild
mail

you will get a log of everything that happens while trying to send the email.

I know Im probably just missing something basic, but I can't even get my e-mail working. Does it matter which e-mail account I use, I have three different providers? Do I have to do a restart each time I change the e-mail settings? If anyone could paste those settings here especially if you use Sbcglobal.net, that would be helpful. Im such a newbie I can't even figure how to copy my telnet replies to send to neptunesystems.
When I telnet I get something about an unknown host as the response.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Im so stoked to nearly have this thing functioning completely after 3 weeks of configuring.

Unknown host usually means the DHCP is not configured correctly or the name of the SNMP host is incorrect.

Back