Serpent Star ate Zoa's

Smokey Stover

I can't believe it, A little while ago I saw my Serpent roaming around the front of the tank where it does not usually go. One arm was over the Zoa rock, Ok no big deal I thought. The Zoas were all open and looking great, Small patch about the size of a half-dollar, Just starting to spread (No bugs, worms,nudis or anything else that would eat them) 10 min later I walk by and 2/3 of them are gone! all the way down to clean rock, And the star now has a full belly. Is this common? Will it be poisoned? Needless to say it will be living in the sump until I find a new home for it. It is quite large, about 10" tip to tip. PM me if interested in it. Maybe trade fore some other zoa frag.

Last edited:
I have some fire and ice that are ridiculously taking over. I wish I could find something to eat them. What kind of star do you have? Send a pic please. I need one.

Maggie

It's a Banded Serpent Star, It must have been very hungry, I feed it twice a week. Never bothered them before. Never read about such behavior, I don't think that Zoas are a good food for it. I've had it about 8 months now.

View attachment 392008

Back