Can a feed my Serpent star a dead turbo?

Twisk

I think one of my smaller turbo snails may be dying. It hasn’t moved in a few days. It has been staying barely open, but when I lift it then it closes up. Passes the smell test too.

My question: If /when this does die, would if be ok to put it into my larger tank as a snack for my gray banded Serpent Star & hermits or should I just toss it. I mean if it died in that tank nature would do its course. It’s moving it from one tank to another I’m wondering about.

You may get varying answers. I personally wouldn’t purposefully move it from one tank to another just so it could get ate. At the same time, I don’t see much harm in it either. If I’m recalling correctly your other tank is cycled and should be able to handle to breakdown.

Yes it is cycled. My observations were correct and it appears the turbo has died. Or one of the larger hermit crabs in that tank decided it was time to finish the inevitable. I found the empty shell this morning and the hermits all look suspiciously guilty near the scene.

I was going to say, once it dies, if you have any cleanup crew at all in the tank it will likely be eaten before you have a chance to remove it IME.

Back