Setting up first Tank, would love some suggestions

Mipster

Hi there, I'm currently cycling a 26 gallon bowfront aquarium and i'm working through what i'd like to stock and I want to see if I'm pushing it with what i want.

I'm running the Macspect 120w LED lighting system, a tunze comline DOC 9004 skimmer, tunze nanostream 6025 (740 gph), and a koralia powerhead (425 gph) and of course the heather and thermometer and little things that are needed to get you through the day.

I would like to have as far as fish are concerned:
-1 yellow watchman goby
-1 orchid dottyback
-2 ocellaris clownfish

Am I pushing my capacity? Also I will have a clean up crew and I'd like 1 or 2 cleaner shrimp. I think they're just so cute! Will they be ok with these fish? I've hear orchids might eat shrimp but that's very unlikely if the shrimp are in first

I don't have as clear a plan as far as corals go. I would love a frogspawn but i know you have to be careful with it and other corals. I also really like pulsing xenia but I hear it can take over crazy fast. If i put it in last will that help control its spread? Again, good suggestions would be great.

Also I'm fully aware of the challenges of keeping smaller tanks and keeping them stable and such and I understand larger is easier in regards to keeping it stable but i'm aware of what i have to do and ready to put in the work to look after my lil fishy friends. But tips from people who've been doing this for much longer then i have is certainly appreciated! I've been doing so much of my reading on this forum and i figured no harm trying to get a more specific opinion.

Thanks everyone

I think you're ok with a cleanup crew and the shrimp. Along with water changes, careful monitoring of your parameters (Ca, Mg, Phosphate, Nitrate and ALK) you can add soft corals as well.

I think you're ok with a cleanup crew and the shrimp. Along with water changes, careful monitoring of your parameters (Ca, Mg, Phosphate, Nitrate and ALK) you can add soft corals as well.

So you think I'm not over stocking with those 4 fish and that they'll be ok together? I know the orchid can be alittle aggressive but I've read if you get tank raised and add it last you're usually ok.

Back