Shipping Zooanthids

MRCORAL

In Memoriam
What are the 1st steps? What do I need? What are different ways to do it? Any ideas and suggestion please post. Want to make sure my Zoos are ok.

What shippesr do you recommened also.

I have had them shipped in wet paper towels, and in water. I prefer DHL and UPS over USPS, you never know when you will get them with USPS. I have found better success when I fresh water dip them after they arrive. Some shippers tell me there is no need to do this and it stresses them more, but I feel it kills the bacteria caused from shipping stress. Good luck on shipping your zoos

The most common method of traders is to put them in a bag with some water and secure it. Then place them in a thermos (or other insulated box) with a heat pack wrapped in newspaper taped to the top of the thermos/box. Hope that helps...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7067849#post7067849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pdlwife1995
I have found better success when I fresh water dip them after they arrive.
Instead of FW, I do the Reeffarmers iodine dip:

http://www.reeffarmers.com/acclimation.htm

15-20 minutes in SW at a higher iodine concentration, and it seems like less stress than the FW dip. I use the FW one specifically for nudis.

When doing either dip, I use a turkey baster to blast out any cruddy looking stuff from the zoas.

Back