Should I be concerned about this poop?

Cynthia21

Hello All,
I currently have a Coral Beauty & Carpenter Wrasse in a 13G QT tank. After 3 days observation noticed a white spot on CB decided to start copper treatment with coppersafe. I am in the process of slowly raising levels as wrasse are very sensitive. I noticed today this poop for the CB - They are both eating fine (frozen Mysis & Brine) as well as seaweed available. The poop is somewhat stringy but not white - it is brown. SHould I be concerned?

Salinity 1.024
Ammonia <0.25 w (seachem ammonia badge in safe zone)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
PH 7.8
Copper .41ppm
Airstone running

Attachments

• IMG_4300.jpg
    IMG_4300.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4295.jpg
    IMG_4295.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 7
Are you seeing any of these other symptoms?

Pinched stomach, fish has faded coloration, fish eats voraciously but still seems to be losing weight.

What would these symptoms indicate?
When combined with white stringy poop, either intestinal worms (more likely) or internal flagellates (less likely).

The thing is white stringy poop by itself can just mean intestinal irritation. It's not until you are seeing that + the other symptoms I listed that you should consider a pathogen to blame for it.

When combined with white stringy poop, either intestinal worms (more likely) or internal flagellates (less likely).

The thing is white stringy poop by itself can just mean intestinal irritation. It's not until you are seeing that + the other symptoms I listed that you should consider a pathogen to blame for it.
Thank you Bobby đź‘Ť

If you are just starting to qt them and running copper might as well run 2 doses of prazipro 5 days apart and metroplex mixed in food or dosed in tank according to label instructions just to clear parasites on the safe side.

Back