Should I get a Six Line Wrasse?

I don't want to out Steve's age

Ooops, I had not considered that but I am eternally grateful Todd! I have recently heard "older than dirt" from some of my "friends" so your discretion will be rewarded at my first opportunity. :fun2:

One thing that I have learned is that more then 2 clowns in a tank (( unless we are talking about a HUGE tank )) will become 2 99.5% of the time.

I have a friend with a 500 gallon tank that was, for a while, able to keep two pairs, one of which was a gold stripe maroon. He did this by providing an anemone for each pair. For a while it worked, but after a little over a year, when both started breeding, the relationship broke down. He fixed it by removing the female gold stripe maroon and there was sort of stability. Then one of the other clowns jumped (no top), so now there are two, both of which are different species.

I had a 6 line very pretty and active fish but was a mean little bugger. Had to take him out for the benefit of the other fish.

I agree with everyone else. I love my sixline, but he is so aggressive to the other fish. He was fine when I got him, but not that he is growing, he goes around and picks on other fish at random. I just tried adding a beautiful whitetail pygmy angel, but the six line almost tore her apart. I just caught the sixline and he is in a plastic container in the tank for now. I think I may put him in my sump for a few weeks while the angel gets settled. I don't want to get rid of the fish, but he causes so many problems. Now, on the contrary, my dad has a sixline in a 55 with a damsel and flame angel, and they are all very peaceful.
Bryan

there are always fish that are more or less aggressive but they are certainly random when it comes to their disposition . they look cool as well as the Hawaiian four line wrasse but they pack quite a punch when they turn for the worse .in my experience they usually are a devil in disguise .

Do they bother any fish? I wanted one, but I do not want it to be a problem with a pair of clowns or a shrimp goby.

Do they bother any fish? I wanted one, but I do not want it to be a problem with a pair of clowns or a shrimp goby.

Thats been the topic here pretty much that they do bother other fish more than they do not. Its really hit or miss if they will bother other fish but it more like 80% they will and 20% they wont.
Its better not to get one and find another community fish that will get along all the time

Back