Should I upgrade my lighting from G4 to G6?

Johnic

Premium Member
I currently have the 2 Ecotech G4 XR15 and I would like to upgrade to the G6 version. I’d like to buy the buy the blue version
Is it worth the upgrade ?

I have 2 thoughts, almost opposite of each other.
One is, I always liked the gen 4 because of the use of ESL. I like ESL and I have a gen 4 XR15 currently in use on a tank.

The other is, how old is the gen 4?
If it's 5-6 years old, maybe it's good time to upgrade to new equipment while there is still value ( resale) in the old.
The par in my tank with the gen 6 was really good.
After using Mobius for a few months, it seemed relatively easy. I got a cheapo tablet to use and used my phone. Both were good.

I have 2 thoughts, almost opposite of each other.
One is, I always liked the gen 4 because of the use of ESL. I like ESL and I have a gen 4 XR15 currently in use on a tank.

The other is, how old is the gen 4?
If it's 5-6 years old, maybe it's good time to upgrade to new equipment while there is still value ( resale) in the old.
The par in my tank with the gen 6 was really good.
After using Mobius for a few months, it seemed relatively easy. I got a cheapo tablet to use and used my phone. Both were good.
Interesting. I was just trying to connect my M2 Ecotech pump to mobius with no luck and a lot of frustration. I didn’t know the G6 lights only use Mobius…uggg

My G4 are from January 2019

@mfinn why ya selling the G6 ?

Interesting. I was just trying to connect my M2 Ecotech pump to mobius with no luck and a lot of frustration. I didn’t know the G6 lights only use Mobius…uggg
Turn 'location' on in your phone or whatever device you are using's settings. Bluetooth protocol requires it (which makes no sense for something with a range of 30ft) and it's the number 1 reason for connection issues.

Turn 'location' on in your phone or whatever device you are using's settings. Bluetooth protocol requires it (which makes no sense for something with a range of 30ft) and it's the number 1 reason for connection issues.
Ok, let me chk the settings.

My G4 are from January 2019

@mfinn why ya selling the G6 ?
Had a major tank crash on my LPS tank. Lost 40+ heads of ultra torch corals, 40+ heads, frogspawn colonies, hammers, all chalice and most favias after my doser dumper nearly a full ( 1000ml) container of All For Reef in the tank overnight.

I bought the gen 6's for this tank.
Now I'm using a ATI T5 fixture.

I'm not sure why you need your return pump connected to Mobius.
Turn it on, turn the dial to the speed you want it at and leave it alone.

Had a major tank crash on my LPS tank. Lost 40+ heads of ultra torch corals, 40+ heads, frogspawn colonies, hammers, all chalice and most favias after my doser dumper nearly a full ( 1000ml) container of All For Reef in the tank overnight.

I bought the gen 6's for this tank.
Now I'm using a ATI T5 fixture.

I'm not sure why you need your return pump connected to Mobius.
Turn it on, turn the dial to the speed you want it at and leave it alone.
Wow. Sorry to hear !!

Ya, I’m not going to connect it to Mobius your right. Set it and forget it.

It was actually the cheapo timer I used. There was a power outage at the exact time the timer was powered on. When the power was restored the timer did not cycle, resulting in continued power to the 1 ml doser.
That sux. Sorry.

Back