Show Off Your Blue Thumb With Pictures!

Nitr8 tank is looking great since the last time I was over.

Mike that red cap is out of control, but it looks to be growing the way you want it. Mine just wants to grow up rather than out. So now I only see the bottom of the montis. :/ When I move everything to the 300 they're going damn near on the sand bed. Lol

Cuzza the recovery is going very slow. Not running any media (GAC/GFO/Poly) and all has been well for a almost 2 weeks. Have my fingers crossed that I finally got back to normal.

7/21/14, 12/8/14, 6/10/15

After a brief swing in alkalinity due to ridiculous salt mix manufacturers, I have observed white growth tips returning to all of my sps. This stylophora is growing in the perfect tree structure, despite using just LEDs which result in a lot of shading.

For my next tank I intend on taking a picture of every coral that goes in the display and tracking each ones progress. Without the before picture, it's easy to forget and hard to appreciate the growth you achieve on these guys.

8A205386-D49A-4195-819B-AEEC20B9E495_zpst0b81xbk.jpg

Cuzza the recovery is going very slow. Not running any media (GAC/GFO/Poly) and all has been well for a almost 2 weeks. Have my fingers crossed that I finally got back to normal.

Super happy to read this Z. Your tank is one of the most amazing I have seen so far and I know we all need it to bounce back. Good luck and keep it up.

7/21/14, 12/8/14, 6/10/15

After a brief swing in alkalinity due to ridiculous salt mix manufacturers, I have observed white growth tips returning to all of my sps. This stylophora is growing in the perfect tree structure, despite using just LEDs which result in a lot of shading.

For my next tank I intend on taking a picture of every coral that goes in the display and tracking each ones progress. Without the before picture, it's easy to forget and hard to appreciate the growth you achieve on these guys.

8A205386-D49A-4195-819B-AEEC20B9E495_zpst0b81xbk.jpg

That growth is incredible for being just under a years time frame...once I get these reactors and kalk dialed in I'll be on the hunt for some frags :thumbsup:

Thanks man. Not bad considering the growth has been from water changes and dripping kalk. I expect the next tank to have even better growth with the addition of a daily auto water changer, auto artemia feeder, ca rx and t5's.

I love to go back thanks for the reminder cuzza... here are some shots of my purple stylo these pics are from the day I got the frag to today 1 1/2 years later ...the purple stylo in the first pic is the coral on the left the one on the right is a finger leather that I got rid of..and the side shot of my tank is a year old shot this month, the tank really exploded this year ..I really like the side shot it shows a lot of growth....

Attachments

• IMG_20150518_210531.jpg
    IMG_20150518_210531.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 000_0013.jpg
    000_0013.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
  • CAM00388.jpg
    CAM00388.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20150518_210114.jpg
    IMG_20150518_210114.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
Looking great snake1. Side shots always look great, especially the depth. I'll get some better shots of the tank once everything has fully recovered. I still have a few corals that are just about healed up from burnt tips. Red Sea Coral Pro mixed up at 14 dKH :\

One interesting note from the picture is I placed the aculeus acro next to the stylophora and you can see how the coral on that side curved and is growing away from it. Even though there's plenty of space between the two. So much we have to learn.

Back