Show your Mangrove Systems

well my mangrove just opened up two new leaves for me again.

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

about the mangrove lighting

about the mangrove lighting

What kind of light are you guys using for your mangroves? Im about to put some in a 20 gallon long sump and I have no idea what kind of lights to install down there, can anyone help me out?

I've been keeping 37 mangroves for almost 6 months now.They are all growing well in a spare sump by the window with 2-6 leaves per mangrove.I spray the leaves with ro water once every other day and the roots seem to be growing really fast eventhough the tree itself grows very slow. I use the salt water that i siphon from my tank when i do water changes. Once i used nutrient free and "0" nitrates and "0" phosphate newly mixed salt water and half of the mangroves got softer and leaves got down. I also use KENT Marine Iron & Manganese once a week just a tablespoon.
Any comment is appreciated.

my water was too high so this is what i did to keep it upright and never fall down. works well and now i'm starting to have roots.

Attachments

• IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
Generally not regarded as a good nutrient export mechanism. Mostly for novelty value. I finally got my first propagules this weekend.

I got 20 of them off ebay for like 10 bucks shipped. I only had 3 of them that didnt make it but the rest are happily growing in my Koi pond and my nano.

live-plants.com have great mangroves, i had a 100% sucess rate with theirs and the guy has great customer service. here is my setup

mangrovesjune20100001_5.jpg

Here are my mangroves in the sump. I have them planted in a bucket with crushed coral. I don't know how effective they are but I like the look.

e001.jpg

e006.jpg

2010-07-04_110s.jpg

Mine is slowly coming along as well... I think they actually do more good than some think once they get going. Making solid roots is way more mass than a macro which is 90% water.

022.jpg

025-1.jpg

024.jpg

The tank drains into my mangrove tank then overflows into my sump. I have never had nitrates. My mangroves have grown alot since this photo some mangroves have 10 leaves now.

Once i used nutrient free and "0" nitrates and "0" phosphate newly mixed salt water and half of the mangroves got softer and leaves got down. I also use KENT Marine Iron & Manganese once a week just a tablespoon.
Any comment is appreciated.

This was cause they need the high nutrients to grow. Freshly made salt water has none in it. Keep usin the "dirty" old tank water.

?

your mangroves arent plumbed directly in with your dt some how? How do they help your tank then?

Back