shrimp laying on side twitching?

everl0ng

i woke up to find my cleaner shrimp on its side twitching and acting like it is wanting to move, but it doesn't get up or anything. my ph is 8.0, nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia are all at 0. my SG is at 1.024 and my temp is at 81-82. has anybody else seen this before, and is it normal? is it what they do when they molt? this is my first shrimp, but to me it doesn't seem right?

Maybe it is the molt? A molt wouldn't twitch but it could move back and forth from the water flow.

Normally when they molt they hide in a cave somewhere.

HTH :)

it is new to the tank. i moved it out to the front of the tank in the open so i could monitor it. the little legs that propel it through the water are constantly moving, as are the little things where its mouth is, but as of not it is lying on its back and not looking positive. i have only had it for 2 days, but it has been acting fine (moving, eating, swimming, cleaning) until this morning.

My cleaner shrimp is acting the same way but has just molted. Anyone else have any idea what could be wrong. I’ve had mine about a month and he was fine eating and going all over the tank and now he can barely move and doesn’t really swim anywhere

My cleaner shrimp is acting the same way but has just molted. Anyone else have any idea what could be wrong. I've had mine about a month and he was fine eating and going all over the tank and now he can barely move and doesn't really swim anywhere
Could he be having trouble with a molt?

Back