uploadfromtaptalk1348023036197.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348023051469.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348023051469.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1348023075408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348023075408.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
I picked up an urchin yesterday and we'll see how it does.

Meanwhile, what else can I do besides more frequent water changes and the macro in my fuge? I also have a phosban reactor with biopellets running. I don't have too many pellets because the instructions said to start off light and add more later. It's time to add more.

Have you considered running some GFO? Carbon dosing (bio pellets, vodka, vinegar, etc...)does a really awesome job at keeping nitrates down but needs a little help with the phosphates. I only run about a cup on my 225 and change it about once a month, so it doesn't take much when teamed up with your biopellets.

i have hair algea too, drives me nuts..my params are spot on,yet hair agea thrives... have tried gfo biopellets algae fix no help.. gonna try no3po4x starting today

sent from my iphone slayer

Have you considered running some GFO? Carbon dosing (bio pellets, vodka, vinegar, etc...)does a really awesome job at keeping nitrates down but needs a little help with the phosphates. I only run about a cup on my 225 and change it about once a month, so it doesn't take much when teamed up with your biopellets.

Maybe it just sounds a little more advanced than what it really is, but all that just seems complicated. I'm sure it's not any harder than running the reactor with bio pellets. I just need to do some research on it.

I would get one of the Two Little Fishies phosban reactors and run GFO. It is not complicated to use. Pour the GFO into the reactor, add a small power head and put it into your sump. GFO works wonders. I'd also go over to SEA and pick up a good cleaner crew. Reefs2go.com has also been advertising some great cleaner crews on sale.

I have the two little fishies reactor running biopellets. I think I will order GFO and try that instead.

I have about 30 hermits and several snails ( can't keep turbos for too long ), two blennies, a foxface.

Which brand of GFO has better results?

Back