sick sebae

My sebaes' tentacles inflate and deflate, but I think you are on the right track with the feeding and slowly increasing the light period. Try doing smaller more frequent water changes as well, like once a week or every 2 weeks. The trace elements quickly get used up, especially if you are skimming heavily. If you are not already doing it, soak the food in a vitamin supplement like selcon or vita-chem before feeding. Keep us posted and take more pictures to compare.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15498406#post15498406 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jasonrp104
Tough call. Mine will have a few tips that shrivel up once in awhile but it never seems to be a problem. When they shrivel like that they do look alot paler but color seems to retun once the tenticle inflates again.

they have been deflated for a long time so its really got me worried and the last time i feed it wasnt that sticky BUT its more inflated and getting color back so im going to do the suppliment like seamom said and keep on with my feeding and lights

Try to feed alternate days no more than 3 days a week. Give it a day to digest in between. Feeding it too much can do harm as well not only to the nem, but will add more nutrients to the water and may cause a shift in water params. That is why I suggested doing smaller more frequent water changes. Remember, everything slow in this hobby. If I can, I will try to post a pic of mine. I have to learn how to use photobucket. Also, mine has grown so much that it is now sitting next to the side of the front glass so it will not be the best pic but you will see the color and also a good shot of the foot wedged in the sand under the rock.

Hopefully, this works. I can post more later...
100_0476.jpg

100_0475.jpg

first one is the foot wedged, second is when it is full. I'll try to get a better angle.

been busy and unable to take a good pic but it is looking ALOT better getting good color and getting its purple tips back,

very nice seamom

seamom how did you take such a good pic of yours i cant even come close to getting the right color with or without the lights on

Thanks, but I think it was beginners luck with the pic. I don't have any high tech camera, just a simple kodak 10x digital point and shoot. All I did was keep any other lights//windows off or closed so there wasn't any extra glare. The colors in pic really are the colors of the nem and other corals. I just can't remember if I took the pic with the lights on or with the LED on in the evening. Hmmm

Back