Silicone residue

lotsoftats

what Can I use to get silicone residue off? I have scraped all I can.

Tried acetone....nothing

I read about an Acid but I can't remember which one.

Alcohol and new razor blades....a blade is only good for 4 or 5 passes then swap out for a new one......and as mentioned steel wool would prolly work good to....

thanks guys...this is my first time building a tank....wouldn't have to this time if I had not cracked a 40b while trying to drill it....LOL

if you are curious I cut it down using a wet tile saw to 22x18x16.

Gonna tie it into my 75g system I am building for a frag tank

You cut the glass on a tile saw???? Interesting I always wandered about that.....but I got to stay true to my roots I'm a plastic guy...;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15471375#post15471375 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by troylee
You cut the glass on a tile saw???? Interesting I always wandered about that.....but I got to stay true to my roots I'm a plastic guy...;)

yep...just take it slow with the wet tile saw....the 1/4" and 3/8" glass cut real nice from the 40b.

I would love to be able to work with acrylic...never done it and no where around here sells acrylic.

I take that back...so to speak....I did use weldon #4 and 1/4" for 2 braces for my 75g refugium after i removed the center brace....lol

Back