Silicone residue help

Radar1

Got a tank that had a ton of excess silicone on the corners which was doing nothing structural so I decided to trim it and planned on applying a new bead for a little protection of the structural silicon. I’ve been left with what appears to be residue that is impossible to remove. I have tried razor blades, emblem eraser, vinegar, alcohol, acetone, methnl ethivl ketone, and glass polish. and nothing is removing it. Any ideas?? Could the glass have been etched? kinda looks like etched glass.
DBAB2526-7027-4CE0-9253-8455F344BE55.jpeg

It really just looks like silicone. I find razor blade + acetone always works but does require some elbow grease. All the things you tried it really should come off some. Not knowing the history of the tank, is it possible the residue is on the outside?

That does look like silicone to me too. I remember resealing my 180 when I got it. Getting the silicone off a tank a couple decades old was absolutely the worse. Everytime I passed over with the razor I took off more silicone. I didn't think I'd ever get it all.

Back