Silly Question

kimsie

Ok...

So this is going to be a really stupid question I know - but I have to ask because I just don't know!

Since I set up my tanks last Fall - this is my first summer with tanks...

Do I remove the heaters in the summer? Or keep them in there?

I have stealth heaters in both of my tanks...

Keep them set at about 77...

I think it depends on how hard you crank your ac in the summer. It's all about room temperature, I have to keep my house steady year round because of my huge-biter-PITA blue and gold macaw parrot. I've kept my house at 78 degrees year round. So my heaters hardly ever kick on, but if you keep your house at 70 in the summer, than keep them in.

Wow - you keep your house at 78 year round?! I'd die...

I keep mine at like 69 in the winter... and probably around 70 in the summer... guess I keep the heaters in - I just didn't know!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12283538#post12283538 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kimsie
Wow - you keep your house at 78 year round?! I'd die...

I keep mine at like 69 in the winter... and probably around 70 in the summer... guess I keep the heaters in - I just didn't know!

I am with ya there, I get grouchy if I get hot! LOL

I've never really been bothered with temperature my wife is the same. It's for the bird, I'd rather save a few bucks and keep it lower but it evens out not using the ac too low.

I'm no expert, but I think if your tank is warm enough, the heater won't kick on anyways so just leave it in.

A "good" heater should not kick on... Better off investing in a quality heater that you won't have to worry about.

Back