Sketchup Plumbing Help

willyboy

I'm trying to draw the plumbing for a tank that I am planning and the plumbing is driving me crazy.

I know there are fittings and valves in the 3d warehouse, but putting it all together and getting the pipes and fittings to snap together how they should is a PITA :headwally:. I know I can create a circle and then get it to follow a line but I want there to be visible fittings (90s and 45s) in the pipes. I have sketchup 8 and I looked for plugins but had no luck. Can someone help me?

I went through the same trouble, but finally resorted to just burning many hours at night using the warehouse and plugging away at is slowly. I wasnt' shooting for perfection, as all I wanted was an idea of what I was going to do on my 300g build so I could reduce the trips to Lowes for forgotten elbows and fittings.

This is what I did.....definitely not complete and some things WILL change. I haven't messed with it for a while now though.

Turn on the x-ray view when aligning the parts. You'll be able to see how things line up in several directions at once

Add corner marks and centers:
5e7XMYC.png

Make the corner marks the same on all fittings of the same size. Do the same for pipe sections so you can quickly move and snap pipe/fittings together.

Bonus tip
Extend a line from the center through the opposite side wall so you can easily rotate parts around the axis:
uJm2ULW.png

That's gonna help a lot. Thank you so much!

And the X-ray helps a lot too!

Last edited:
Just go to lowes and over purchase each item, put all together and then return the remaining parts, Make sure you keep that receipt. Or do like I do, over buy and then store for next project. . . . you know you will have a neet for PVC fittings and valves in the future.

Just go to lowes and over purchase each item, put all together and then return the remaining parts, Make sure you keep that receipt. Or do like I do, over buy and then store for next project. . . . you know you will have a neet for PVC fittings and valves in the future.

I'm a long way from starting this build. I'm just planning.

Back