Skimmer bubbles from lid flood stand and floor

Herndog

So I came home after 9 hours and heard the lid on my skimmer cup rattling. I look in stand and notice salt spray everywhere and bubbles coming out from under lid of skimmer and from vent holes in lid. I then notice water under the stand. I recently reinstalled my Red Sea ATO after moving tank. It was doing fine for a week. I stuck that black sponge back into the Reefer 250 V3 sump a couple days ago.

Anyway has anyone had the popping bubbles from a lid end up flooding their stand and floor? I am pretty sure the popping bubbles was splattering the back wall in the stand and then leading to water running down the wall leading to this mess.

The ATO was empty leading to water in the skimmer chamber rising and the skimmer cup filling up. I sorta think adding back that sponge caused this.

I guess my big question is : most people think having an in sump skimmer protects you from a flood... can these little popping bubbles really flood your stand and floor?

So I came home after 9 hours and heard the lid on my skimmer cup rattling. I look in stand and notice salt spray everywhere and bubbles coming out from under lid of skimmer and from vent holes in lid. I then notice water under the stand. I recently reinstalled my Red Sea ATO after moving tank. It was doing fine for a week. I stuck that black sponge back into the Reefer 250 V3 sump a couple days ago.

Anyway has anyone had the popping bubbles from a lid end up flooding their stand and floor? I am pretty sure the popping bubbles was splattering the back wall in the stand and then leading to water running down the wall leading to this mess.

The ATO was empty leading to water in the skimmer chamber rising and the skimmer cup filling up. I sorta think adding back that sponge caused this.

I guess my big question is : most people think having an in sump skimmer protects you from a flood... can these little popping bubbles really flood your stand and floor?

I recommend this.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/smart-skimmer-security-autoaqua.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea except I don't trust it but thanks for reminding me of this type option. I have a float switch I am not using and I ordered the Neptune breakout box and drilled one of the skimmer lid holes larger and installed float. No more overfilling skimmer cup!

I somehow forgot you could do this and some skimmers come with a float. One day may get a skimmate locker...

Back