skimmer going nuts...help

Brickyardpub

hey all,
just curious... i am in the process of adding another sump to my setup so that i may divide the fuge and use as a hospital tank or quarantine if needed. I've also been having some micro bubble problems in my display lately which is another reason i wanted to install a second sump and make it a skimmer only dedicated return into my fuge and then back into main sump.

SO I've got the setup pretty much ready to go and second sump filled up, just waiting to plumb new return line. I took skimmer out , cleaned, etc and moved it. Before hooking up return i did a test run on skimmer to make sure it was working fine since the clean and it's been goin NUTS, filling up a cup in about 10 mins with just water basically.
New sump is filled with NSW. Why all of a sudden is my skimmer going nuts?? The whole reason I put the unit into its own sump and ran it to the fuge was so i didn't get micros in display.. ANY IDEAS WHY??

Thanks in advance !

more of a wipe down/out of it with just a sponge that i always use to clean my collection up every week. Nothing went into the sponge or water. Turned it on again and it seemed to not be foaming over and at normal level, but tons of micro bubbles now...

Back