Skimmer options for IM 30L Nuvo Fusion?

kyley

Hi All,
I recently got this tank used, and think a skimmer would be really helpful since I'm not consistent with water changes. Any suggestions that aren't too loud (this aquarium is in my home office). Here are a few I've looked at:
  • IM Auqa Gadget NuvoSkim DC - Midsize (up to 50g) - this is a pricier option ($160, but I might be able to get one second hand for $100), but it's designed to fit this tank. Not sure it's worth the premium price though!?
  • Hydor Koralia Nano-Skim - with a coupon, I could get this for just $75 at Petco.
  • AquaTop Xyclone HOB (up to 100g) - this looks like a really nice, powerful skimmer for the price. But I'm not too sure about having this eyesore sitting on the bank of my small tank... I also need to make sure it will fit. It's out of stock at Petco right now but with coupon it would only be about $60 too - seems like a pretty great value.
  • The Tunze Comline DOC 9004 - same price as the NuvoSkim, although I could get a used one for $100 (not sure about going that route). Would it be worth the extra money?
Thanks in advance for your opinions!
--Kyle

I had the koralia nano-skim on my 20L in a 10gal sump, was very compact, was ok at skimming, but was a pain to clean. Eventually ended up unplugging it and just going more water changes... Don't have any experience with the other skimmers, but it seemed well built and skimmed well when it was clean.

I had the koralia nano-skim on my 20L in a 10gal sump, was very compact, was ok at skimming, but was a pain to clean. Eventually ended up unplugging it and just going more water changes... Don't have any experience with the other skimmers, but it seemed well built and skimmed well when it was clean.

Thanks Twitchy. I think I'm crossing that one off my list. :)

Back