Skimmer/powerhead - recomendations?

aspinn

Hey i am new to the hobby, been browsing the forums for hte last week (loving every bit of it, i have learned alot =) and everyone is very friendly!)..... but i am in the proccess of scouting out equipment for a tank and i am having a horrible time deciding what type of powerhead/skimmer i should get....

sadly i dont have room for a sump so the skimmer will have to be a hangon... but the tank i will be a 45-60 gallon and will be roughly 3 feet long, 1 and a half feet wide and a foot and a bit tall

For skimmer... can anyone recomend a decent hangon? one that will be realiable... i was looking at a few.... Aqua C Remora Pro Protein Skimmer or there was the lower one Aqua C Remora is one that caught my eye but it was very expensive... can anyone recomend a brand? and how is this one, is it worth the 250 somthing bucks? or should i look for somthing different?

As for powerheads... i am completly lost here o_O there are so many different kinds.... for a tank my size what would be suitable? can you recomend any?

well thank you! and leme know! what you think =)

Tunze. octopus or bermuda for skimmers dont get a remora they are junk.

powerheads i would get a couple Koralia 4's or Seio 1500's. But K4's use very little energy

yeeesh delta is expensive o_O but thank you for the suggestons and i looked into the powerheads, tunze would be perfect but once again the price o_O that may be my down-the-road powerhead... if anyone has nay other suggestions please feel free to post a replyt! would love hte input =) thanks you too very very much!

A great skimmer for a great price would definetly be the octopus hobs. If you are getting a 45-55g I would get the bh100f and if you plan to get slightly bigger 65g? I would get the bh300f. But theres always the options of just getting the regular bh100 and no the f model and same applies to the bh300. The F models have their pumps in the back chamber of the skimmer so you see less pumps hanging around your tank. That is if you like a clean look but if you don't care than the regular ones are just fine. The octopus hobs for you would cost depending on model 100-250. I think a bh100/f would be enough if your getting 45-55g.http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1260766&goto=lastpost

Back