Skimmer recommendation for CF Broodstock setup

coolkidtr

I am in the midst of building a CF broodstock set up of approximately 225 gallons (14-15 clownfish paris) with a 40 gallon sump. I only have about 21 inch height to work with in my stand so I am having difficulty finding a skimmer with that height that will work. I have BB 3000 kicking around that I want to use but the SRO 3000int is too tall to fit. Do you think a BB 3000 with an SWC extreme 200 would be enough? I was thinking of external but they are way too expensive. The bubble magus curves look ok but they have to run really deep at 9-11 inches. Any suggestions would help.

if you can squeeze an extra 3" I would go for the reef dynamics INS300. for $699

•Sump Space Required For Skimmer/ Footprint: 16" x 13"
•Total Height Required: 24"
•Ideal Water Level: 9" Constant
•Reaction Chamber & Cup Diameter: 10"
•Reaction Chamber Volume: 3.4 Gallons
•Pump Inlet Size: 1"
•Water Outlet Size: 1.5"
•Pump (included): (1) EPSP5 - Modified EcoPlus 1584 Water Pump
•Pump Consumption With Maximum Air Intake: 60 Watts @ 115/120 VAC 60hz
•Air Intake: 1200-1320 lph
•Water Flow Through: 600 gph+/ Depending On Air:Water Ratio
•Limited Lifetime Warranty

Unfortunately, I would have to put my sump on the floor to accomodate. Not a big fan of putting my sump on the basement floor of my fish room. Its really hard to level a sump on an uneven basement floor. Any other suggestions? 21 inches is all I have to work with or I have to do a double sump model where I have a sump with a skimmer outside of my stand dumping into a second sump with liverock and return pump.

Tony

If this is a true broodstock system, i.e. bare bottom, pipe fittings/clay pots with no rock type setup, one of the best and most prolific that I have seen in terms of variety of fish and difficulty of fish being bred went completely skimmerless.

Just a trickle through bioballs.

If this is a true broodstock system, i.e. bare bottom, pipe fittings/clay pots with no rock type setup, one of the best and most prolific that I have seen in terms of variety of fish and difficulty of fish being bred went completely skimmerless.

Just a trickle through bioballs.

I was debating liverock/skimmer or skimmer/bioballs combo. Im a reefer, i hate bioballs lol. All feedback is welcome. I will consider it.

T

Back