Skimmer recommendations

Highside

I am setting up a new system that will have a total volume of about 100 gallons. Lets hear some thoughts on this. Best skimmer for the money not just "best skimmer".

Thanks!

Im thinking the octopuss 100 or 150. Its prob the most efficent best bang for your buck. Im looking at the octo dnw300 for myself.

I don't know best skimmer for the money -- but for a 100 gal setup I currently use a Tunze 9010 which works fairly well and is very quiet. Stowers uses a Euro-reef on his 120 that I think works nicely -- not sure what model. The skimmer line I'd love to try is H&S. I was saving my pennies for an A150-F2001 but now it looks like I'll be building up a nano (getting a red sea max) and the skimmer will have to wait :)

And of course I like the MRC line better but you are the only one who can define Best I know Gary uses the MRC. Of course I am wishing for a self cleaning one or if some one wants to volunteer for the Job?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11683658#post11683658 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by waynesworld
And of course I like the MRC line better but you are the only one who can define Best I know Gary uses the MRC. Of course I am wishing for a self cleaning one or if some one wants to volunteer for the Job?

Looking at the size of your tank, I'd contact Waste Management about some kind of a contract.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11684013#post11684013 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fanof49ASU
Looking at the size of your tank, I'd contact Waste Management about some kind of a contract.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How True!

Norman

I love the MR2 on the 120 (with 50 gallon sump, total volume around 130, I think). I need to figure out how to make the piping to the Beckett larger like it is on the MR4, but that's just a matter of taking it apart and looking at it... The new ones probably come with the larger piping.

I personally dont use one in either of my tanks and they have been running along time. you do have to clean your glass once a week still .That is all

Back