Skimmer sucking more water than air

phishcrazee

I've finally hooked up my sump and plugged my G2 skimmer in and all I can get it to do is suck in LOTS of water, but very little air :( It seems it's just not getting enough air to mix with the water properly, so then the collection cup fills with water. I bought this from a guy on ebay umpteen months ago, so I don't have directions. I'm sure it's just something simple that I need to adjust (I hope). My other skimmer hangs on the back of my tank and this is a in sump model, so looking at that doesn't help me............ can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

My wha? Is that inside the part that sucks in the water, the needle wheel part? If that's cleaned, is there anything else that might stop it from sucking in air?

Check part #16 to see if its clogged.
Scan0003a.jpg

Nice CAD(?) design Slovan, gotta love a good program.
Sure wish I could have passed tech. math so I could have finished my last four classes and got my degree.

Becky

Sorry, it's not my cad dwg. That's part of the one-page instruction manual that I got with my skimmer. The wealth of information on the flipside will blow you away. Better save that for tomorrow! :lol:

Sometimes I'm more resourceful than I am talented, unfortunately. Oh well, I didn't want to be known as the know it all anyway! :lol:

on the part where the water comes out part 8 & 9 slide that up and down till you get it where you want it. that part adjusts how dry or wet the skimmer will pull (more or less water) also like they said make sure part 16 is clean and also make sure the hose is clean and in its little holder at the top of the skimmer. hope this helps!!

If you see thousands of white bubbles in the skimmer than you are probably getting enough air. You just need to adjust the riser tube. Slide it all the way to the bottom and then incrementally raise it until you get some foam coming out and then move it back just a bit.

If you aren't getting thousands of small white bubbles in the skimmer, than like slovan said, make sure the the venturi nozzle airway is clear and that there are no holes in the silicone airline tubing and that it is firmly connected to the pump. That tube also has to be out of the water btw. :) There should be a bracket mounted to the skimmer that holds the silicone tube in place.

Chris

Ok, I think it was the adjuster tube, it was all the way up, but I slid it down as Tibbs suggested, then raised it up slowly and now it's working like a charm :) Lots and lots of foam, soon I'll have disgusting waste to dispose of, I can't wait!!! :lol:

Back