skimmer....

I have 2 AquaC Remoras, one on each tank. They work like a champ for me. I started with one and it worked so well I bought another.

IMO they work great!

I found a guy who has a "like new" bakpak for $65. waiting on a picture and I might pick that up. if not, I think this one on ebay might be my choice.

my bakpak works fine on my nano.. just wasnt doing the job on the 55gal though. I was thinking about selling it, but think im going to build another nano once my main tank is up and running.

I am doing some reasearch on DIY projects....MARUNAKA is the place...not sure if they sell the beckett 1408 injector though...I will let you guys know how this comes out..

Lou

Bakpak?

Bakpak?

Frank,
Congrats on winning the skimmer! Did you ever look at the BackPak the person is selling like new for 65? I would be interested in getting in contact with them if you still have their info.

My order from DR Foster still hasnt arrived it has been 4 weeks! UGGG Two more weeks until I give him the tank though, I will keep my fingers crossed the powerheads arrive before then. LOL

Arika

Hey Arika! You finally posted up! :) (she bought my old tank)

the bakpak that I was going to purchase has been sold. just do a search for bakpak and it should return a few for sale for around $65-85...I saw that was a pretty common price for a used one.

-on Dr Foster, I would for sure give them a call. I have ordered a few things from them before, and it came SUPER quick.

-on the new skimmer, the guy I bough it from on ebay wouldnt ship it via USPS, so I had him ship it to my inlaw...she called me monday and told me "the pump looking thing has a bunch of green and purple build up on it" -i repled "sweet, get it here asap"...she didnt know how to respond. lol.

Yes, I have finally posted. I have been reading a lot of good useful information on here. I think it has answered more of my questions than the books I bought.

As for DRFosters, I sent them an email a few days ago. They basically said be patient for "we quote 4-6 weeks for APO addressees." I have received three packages of other stuff I ordered this week, so I am going to hold my breath and pray for it to come in the next 8 days. ha-ha

Glad you could (finally) post here. SOOO, when it the stocking party at your place?????????? I have plenty of frags for you. Just let us know.

Okay just some background info...

Darryl and I are NEW to this hobby have talked about getting a saltwater tank for awhile now. In fact, we are so new to this that he doesnt even know he is starting the hobby this month. I bought Franks old tank for him as a present. :) I will give it to him Memorial Day weekend! Currently, the tank is empty at my neighbors.

I have been researching and reading all kind of things about tanks and how to set them up. In fact, in a few days I am going to start a new string about Live Rock and how I have lots of questions about it.

So, now I have a question for you (dont laugh to hard). Is a frag tank like a small tank where you keep fish/coral/LR until you are ready to use it?

A frag is a small fragment of a living coral separated from a larger colony for propagation.

Usually when you hear people talk about a FRAG tank they are talking about a tank where they are growing fragments to use in a different tank later, or to sell, or to trade.

About a month ago some of us got together and shared frags of corals. I'm hoping to do it again soon!

There are all sorts of techniques out there to take a small piece of a coral you have and grow it. Some of the simpler corals grow quite quickly and are very hardy.

My personal favorites are zoos or Zoanthids. IMO they are a good starter coral and there's a forum right here on RC that talks about nothing but zoos.

Link: http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=184

Don't be afraid to ask questions. We all started where you are now and I'm sure every one here would be happy to help.

Thanks! We are always looking to meet new people on the island. Shall there be another get together we will be there. :)

Arika

Back