SLASH Poker Run! Sunday, July 22nd, Northwest Metro Area

Reeferhead

Recovering Reef Addict
Premium Member
Background Thread

Ok this should be great time, a fun filled day of awesome tanks, awesome friends, and hopefully awesome weather for cruis'n. :D We’re planning to see 5 member's tanks and a LFS in 5 hours!!! :dance:

A big thanks to every who volunteered to open up their homes. I received the largest number of responses from the St Charles and North County areas so that’s where we’re going. Hopefully, this event will be a big success and we’ll do it again in another area in the future. Here’s the schedule:

12:00 Meet at Marine Solutions (20 Triad S Dr, St. Peters, MO)

12:30-5:00 Tank visits (in order): Tradewinds, Reefslugs, Smoothdog, Mustanglver98, and Rackman
5:00 Arrive at Pironnes Pizza (184 Washington Street, Florissant, MO): Compare hands, award prizes, and of course… great pizza and :beer:

I will have addresses and directions of the entire route with me at Marine Solutions. If you want a copy ahead of time shoot me an email a couple days before the event (reeferhead@slashclub.org) Don’t bother emailing me now because the route could change in the next few weeks.

I will supply poker deck and card sheets. Each SLASH member will receive one card (stamp) for each stop he/she is present for plus a bonus card for every CDP transaction made during the run. Each stop will last exactly 30 minutes and we will travel as a group to allow the hosts to participate in the run as well. If you miss me at a stop you will not receive a card for that stop. You do not need to be a SLASH member to attend the event but you must be a current paid member to participate in the poker portion and receive prizes. You may sign up for membership the day of the event. You do not need to be present for the entire run to participate but you must be present at Pirrone's to receive prizes. I will announce some of the prizes in the coming weeks. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and if your chopper is in the shop like mine :rolleyes: feel free to use this thread to setup a carpool :lol:

See you all soon!

Nookie, sticky please

Last edited:
I'll be there!! :beer:
Plenty of room to bring frags home..

2012-06-18_16-27-07_293.jpg

Nice Scott :thumbsup:

I think I'll be taking the Jeep out for this. No top, no doors, sorta like a bike... but the chance of me rolling it is quite a bit less :lol: Athough, to be fair that's really totally dependent on me behaving nicely and keeping the Jeep on the hardball. ;)

Wow! three SLASH events all stickied at one time, that's got to be a new record! :D

We are a rocking club:beer: I never understood taking the summer off as a reef club and I think it tends to lead to disaster for less disciplined folks. I won't be making the poker run due to work, but I'll be thinking of the Pirrone's Pizza:D

We are a rocking club:beer: I never understood taking the summer off as a reef club and I think it tends to lead to disaster for less disciplined folks. I won't be making the poker run due to work, but I'll be thinking of the Pirrone's Pizza:D

I agree 100%

Pirrone's is my fav on our list

As a long time Chicago Style guy, this was the place that finally converted me. :lol:

heh. pirrones pizza is like 10 minutes from me, but im too embarrassed to show my tank lol. i just did some more siphoning out the algae and its still kicking my butt.

also i will probably be working but might be able to make pirrones. its delicious :)

Now I'm nervous! Hope I don't disappoint.

It is always fun showing off the tank and I think we try to get the tank/house as clean as possible, but no one ever notices the dust bunnies or lack of cleanliness at these things...as long as they can see in the tank they are happy;)

just noticed there will be two daryl's on the first poker run but with diffrent spellings. must be my other brother darrell. LOL (bet you never herd that one before)

Wow, this sounds like a blast! I am hyped, also I have two friends that want to join the club so this will work out quite well. My dad wants to join also, he came with me to the last pizza night, can he just send in the dues or does he need to come to the next pizza night? He doesn't use the interwebs so how wouls that work for him? Thanks

Wow, this sounds like a blast! I am hyped, also I have two friends that want to join the club so this will work out quite well. My dad wants to join also, he came with me to the last pizza night, can he just send in the dues or does he need to come to the next pizza night? He doesn't use the interwebs so how wouls that work for him? Thanks

Cool, new blood:D Joining is done in person:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2161956

Where at? I lived all around there growing up. We found Pirrone's when we lived on St Anthony, it was in the little Plaza at Washington and Derhake. I think they had all of 6 tables back then.

Back