SLASH Poker Run! Sunday, July 22nd, Northwest Metro Area

I will be able to make this one now. My new baby arrived on the 7th, wasn't due till the 20th. If its not 100+ ill be taking this ride.

Jeremy at Premium Aquatics hooked us up again with some great discounts on prizes for the event. We should have just enough stuff to make it interesting. Remember there is no cost to particpate in the poker run itself but you must be a SLASH member to win prizes. You may signup for SLASH membership the day of the event. Here's what we got coming for our first ever SLASH Poker Run:

Best hand gets first pick of the following and we'll work our way down until there are no prizes left. Worst hand gets a T-shirt :lol:

HI-713.jpg

Hanna Pocket Photometer Phosphate

REFRACT-PA-K.jpg

Premium Aquatics Refractometer

tlfphosreactor.jpg

Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactor 150

MJ400-PRO.jpg

Maxi-Jet 1200 Pro

Plus, we'll have some SLASH T-Shirts and membership extensions! :celeb1:

We're adding one more visit (brandonb8) and making a slight change to the tank tour order. This shouldn't effect our timeline too much. I'll have addresses and directions available at Marine Solutions. See you all tomorrow!

MS (Noon)
Tradewinds
brandonb8
smoothdog
reefslugs
mustanglver98
rackman
Pirrones (~5:30pm)

Will there be maps available at MS if we are 5-10 minutes late? Or could someone PM me the first address?

Thanks to all of those that came by today. Sorry I couldn't make it out for the poker run. Hopefully my vehicle will be ready by the next time we do one of these. :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

first one home!!!:dance:

i had a great time today. thanks to everyone who let us into your homes the tanks were all very nice. and thanks nick for getting it all mapped out.

now i got to go check my phosphates:wavehand:

of course your the first one home. this was by far the best time i have had. got lots of good ideas from others tanks and cant wait to incorporate their ideas into my system. ie needing a bigger tank.

rackman i would like to try that phosphate checker out some time.

Nick thanks for organizing this event, running the game, keeping us on track, and taking care of the prizes. It was a lot of fun seeing all the different tanks. Thanks to those that opened their homes and let us poke around their systems. Renee and I had a great time.

Beth and I had a great time. Huge thanks to all our hosts. :thumbsup: I think this was a great first run and something we may need to do again at least once a year. How about some pics for those that missed out?

Photos courtesy of Mrs Reeferhead

The Tanks...

Tradewinds
7626489436_8918d56181_b.jpg

Brandonb8
7626488602_50e2f3b407_b.jpg

Smoothdog
7626487650_07fe566545_b.jpg

Reefslugs
7626486358_3c39db718e_b.jpg

Mustanglver98
7626485312_9cc88babdd_b.jpg

Rackman
7626483780_c7c1491f76_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, gorgeous tanks!! I wish I could have been there to see them all in person.

The Winners...

Rackman (Full House Kings over Jacks)
Blurry Hanna PO4 Checker :lol:

IMG_8269 by nickgrant79, on Flickr

Reefslugs (Full House 9's over Aces)
Refractometer

IMG_8270 by nickgrant79, on Flickr

Mr D Smack (Full House 8's over 3's)
Most of a Frag Kit :lol:

IMG_8271 by nickgrant79, on Flickr

Koddie Doo (Ace High Flush)
Phosban Reactor

IMG_8272 by nickgrant79, on Flickr

Mustanglver98 (Ace High Straight)
Maxijet 1200 Pro

IMG_8273 by nickgrant79, on Flickr

dbuesking (8 High Straight)
1 year membership extension

Itzjustin (2 Pair Aces over 9's)
SLASH T-Shirt

IMG_8274 by nickgrant79, on Flickr

Worst Hand....
Tradewinds (Pair of 2's)
1 year Membership Extension

A couple other pics....

photo-1 by nickgrant79, on Flickr

group by nickgrant79, on Flickr

It was a great time and I enjoyed visiting everyones home and seeing the tanks. Thanks nick for getting everything together. I thought it went extremely well for a first run and enjoyed the prizes. I'm sure I will enjoy my frags also.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk.

Back