small experiment

Blindside

I took my bio pellets off line a few months ago on my frag system. I've over fed and have just let it go to see how nasty i could make it (within reason naturally) raisind nitrates, etc. Haven't changed the water or done anything. Got hairalgae everywhere, nitirates off the charts. I put the biopellets back online yesterday not gonna change water either and am gonna see what happens? Coral frags are irritated but still ok (i cant kill corals lol) cant wait to see what happens. Anybody ever done this?

I've got a weird thing going on, where the older one of my halide bulbs gets, the better the growth! I'm sure it will run out and some point, but I figure I should milk it for now.

Once that bulb gives out, I'll probably buy more A150w's to light my frag tank.

Can't wait to see your results as I'm in jumping into the biopellet pool and giving it a shot on a new tank i just set up. Hopefully ill have them online in the next few weeks (gotta buy my skimmer first)

I took my bio pellets off line a few months ago on my frag system. I've over fed and have just let it go to see how nasty i could make it (within reason naturally) raisind nitrates, etc. Haven't changed the water or done anything. Got hairalgae everywhere, nitirates off the charts. I put the biopellets back online yesterday not gonna change water either and am gonna see what happens? Coral frags are irritated but still ok (i cant kill corals lol) cant wait to see what happens. Anybody ever done this?

The things we do to amuse ourselves. :)

Slow but shirley starting to disappear. Im really tempted to do a water change to see if it speeds up?

Have you checked nitrates, etc? What effect, if any, do the pellets have on phosphate? Are you running gfo, carbon or anything else in conjunction with the pellets?

Haven't checked phos I assume its gone down with the algae die off. I have ph monitor and thats it no gfo no carbon no uv. Just pump,skimmer and pellets.

Back