Small footprint skimmers

Reefheart

After doing some research into small footprint skimmers to fit my small sump, I came across a few options:

1. Eshopps S-120
2. Deltec 600i/SC1351
3. Tunze 9012

Any comments between these 3 or any other better alternatives within the price range that I missed?

Cheers.

Look at the IceCap K2-120. It has a footprint of 5.1"x7" and comes with a standard Sicce PSK-200 needlewheeel pump. Also constructed of thick cast acrylic and titanium screws. Don't pay attention to its ratings as I t has a 4 inch or so diameter body so it would be perfectly sized for a heavily stocked 50 gallon tank IMO.

Last edited:
You could also look at the Icecap K1 130. it has a footprint of 7.3" x 5.6". That is the one I am going to use on my new 90 mixed reef.

Tunze 9012

Tunze 9012

I love the Tunze 9012. I have one skimming my 200 gal and 150 gal mixed reefs both with fairly heavy fish load. And even the acros do well. Both are sumpfree in tank setups. Simple and floodfree. Roger at Tunze provides unparalleled customer service. He advised me to go for the dc version as it is more adjustable and more powerful

Believe or not, I actually managed to squeeze in a Tunze 9410 skimmer into that space. But I had to push the outlet pipe and pump intake close to each other.

Reef octopus 110 space saver
6.1 x 7.87
It's an awesome skimmer,been using it on my 60 gallon cube for years..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back