Smaller is Better! (5.5 gallon desktop nano. Lots of pics.)

MD in tha house!!! I'm living in Towson now. Nice tanks to those who posted pics. Thnx for the auto top ideas too, i need to work on one for my 2 gal.

Re: LED?

Re: LED?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8045202#post8045202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jasutton
Enlighten me in that light:) i dotn know much about it

I don't know too much about it either except that it's a cooler, more efficient alternative to MH. It would work with my current canopy and could potentially rival the benefits MH would provide. I really need to research it more and wrap my head around how to build myself an array.

I think MH would be overkill, your tank is awesome! I'd stick with the lighting you have and wait to see how it grows out.
Ryan

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=767741&highlight=diy

Check this one out as well...
I've had it for alnmost 8 months, and it is doing great.
I only change the water maybe once a month, but the DSB section seems to be doing its job b/c water qwuality is pretty good. Everything in the tank is growing, and the only deaths were attributyed to the great heat wave of '06.

The tank is in my garage (SoCal) and the photo period is usually opposite daylight to keep temps down. Unfortunatly, a power outage switched up the photo period and the lights went on during the hottest day of the year, and temps got into the upper 90's. Bleached a Froggy frag, and killed a royal gramma :(

Zoas are taking off, as well as some shrooms and a Torch.
Will update pics soon!!

Anyway, I'm thinking of revamping the tank so I cut it off long ways, not short ways like it is now. Gonna keep the DSB and Fuge though, as that is all the filtration I currently use, and things are working out fine. Oh, except for a small media chamber with RoaPhos and Carbon.

Back