Snorkle anyone??

HASTINGSRJ

Anyone here snorkle? I went out to Mida (sp)flats yesterday and did some snorkling for the first time since I have been here. Good time! Anyone want to go this weekend I would be more than happy to go.....

rob

Were you able to make it all the way out to the drop off point of The Flats? There are ALOT of small SPS (some of the most colorful I've ever seen) and it looks like the reef was just planted/repaired. It's my favorite snorkeling point. There's also a place up on the 449 towards the Aquarium. I drove up there and saw a bunch of locals diving so, I checked it out. It's an ENORMOUS cove with leathers the size of small cars! It was a choppy day so, I didn't make it out as far as I'd liked to. There may be more than just leathers more on the ocean side.

I never made it out that far at the flats. I want to go again soon, but I think I will be needing a wet suit..lol

The best place to catch some awesome fish is the deep tide pools down near Peace Prayer Park. If you go at low tide, you can catch some awesome stuff.

Back