So, I found a little baby sundial snail crawling on the glass... Worry or No Worry?

THEPHISHGUY

I found this one little bugger. At first I thought it was a good thing. The I tried to id it and looked on Zoaid.com It was tiny, tiny, but definetly a sundial snail. It said there was nothing to do other then watch and manually remove. I have no adverse affect to my 20 colonies. Any preventative measures to take? TIA... THEPHISHGUY

HEY FOR WHATS ITYS WORTH , I CAUGHT ONE OF THEM LIL BOOGERS CHOMPING MY ZOAS , HE CAUSED ALOT OF DAMAGE .
MY OPINION , GET RID OF HIM FAST...

BIG SCOTT

get rid of it, they reproduce quickly and damage zoos even faster. I had a breakout in my 120 3 years ago and almost half my colony got wiped out 2 months after seeing one. They generally come out at night and there isn't really any reef safe fish that can get rid of them.

i dont know what kind of snails you have in your tank but thier are snails that eat moss an other snails.. hehehe even the bad ones..good luck

big scott

Are you sure what you saw was not a Collonista snail? They are harmless and can be mistaken for a sundial snail.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7135384#post7135384 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Are you sure what you saw was not a Collonista snail? They are harmless and can be mistaken for a sundial snail.

good call

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7136355#post7136355 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by msman825
post a picture of one please

Taken from melevs site

collonista_comparison.jpg

Back