So this happened

Yep, my 10g hatch tank is setup just like your 5g. Only difference is I have a 4" air stone instead of the long bars. I've actually got a powerhead in it right now with the air stone just to keep everything moving. I will pull the powerhead before I put the eggs in there.

I haven't setup a grow out tank just yet. Kind of waiting to see if I can keep the fry alive through meta. I do have a sponge filter that's been floating in my display tank for over a week to get some bacteria going on it. I will just pull a couple of rocks out of my display tank to minimize any cycling.

They parents can be seen in the bottom right corner of my display tank pic.
Very nice main display

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My clowns first would lay on the aglae scraper, then on the back wall, last time was on the back of the powerhead. So the bars were easier, now that have a pot amd if the ever lay on it I'll have to switch to a air stone.

I originally had one pot for the clowns, as shown in the picture. I bought 4 more off of Amazon and will just rotate them for each batch. I open up the hole in the bottom of the pot to about 1.5" diameter which seems to help with the water flow when it's in the display tank.

I have 2, 3 inch pot in the tank now, and another 7 somewhere, have to love Amazon. Had a 4 inch pot but it was huge for the 25 lagoon. Sigh...

Update pics
fe16420765dd43e0982a41db021eb628.jpg
d10a50670e31bb3a0ab82f2e99defeb4.jpg
16fd17ad12274f0e842f2f8a5243cc7e.jpg

Nice!

I'm thinking tonight is hatch night for mine. Will pull the pot in a couple of hours. Got the Rotifers culturing in a bucket. If I have fry in the morning I'll toss in some Rots and keep my fingers crossed.

Nice!

I'm thinking tonight is hatch night for mine. Will pull the pot in a couple of hours. Got the Rotifers culturing in a bucket. If I have fry in the morning I'll toss in some Rots and keep my fingers crossed.
Awesome! Keep us posted.

Well, checked this morning and only a few have hatched. Maybe 6-10 that I can see. Still a lot of fry attached to the pot. I went ahead and put in some rotifers for the ones that hatched. Now have some light in the fry tank so they can see the rots to feed on.

Should I leave light on and then blackout tank again tonight to see if the others hatch, or do something different?

Well, checked this morning and only a few have hatched. Maybe 6-10 that I can see. Still a lot of fry attached to the pot. I went ahead and put in some rotifers for the ones that hatched. Now have some light in the fry tank so they can see the rots to feed on.

Should I leave light on and then blackout tank again tonight to see if the others hatch, or do something different?
If no light the hatchlings will die from not being able to see. I'm trying to figure this issue as well...

If no light the hatchlings will die from not being able to see. I'm trying to figure this issue as well...

I think I might try turning off the light tonight for about 2 hrs and see if any others will hatch. Seems I've read that on "hatch night", when lights go off, fry should start to hatch around 1-hours after. Hopefully, 2 hours won't harm the fry that are alive and maybe a few more will hatch. :confused:

I think I might try turning off the light tonight for about 2 hrs and see if any others will hatch. Seems I've read that on "hatch night", when lights go off, fry should start to hatch around 1-hours after. Hopefully, 2 hours won't harm the fry that are alive and maybe a few more will hatch. :confused:
Yes I read that as well, mine are stubborn tho, be interesting if it works. *interested

So just moved them to the grow out tank, crazies part they have hosted the wave maker (unplugged) they were laid on.
1671ee1bb5acc237eb299bb539048695.jpg

I did the lights out last night for about 3 hours, didn't seem to make a difference. Thought it was worth a shot.

Fed them this morning, looks to be around 6 or so fry swimming around. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It is puzzling why my hatch rate is so low. Guessing something around only 5% have hatched out of the first 2 clutches.

I'm having the same issue, I'll try less bubbles... was worth a shot at least.

I'm having the same issue, I'll try less bubbles... was worth a shot at least.

I'm thinking the same thing myself. Each clutch is approx 100 eggs from what mine are laying, yet seems to be only around 10 or so actually hatch.

When I pulled the pot out of the fry tank this morning, you could still see silver eyes as though they were still alive. I guess the next batch I will try less bubbles and maybe even leave the pot in a few extra days if not many initially hatch.

I'm thinking the same thing myself. Each clutch is approx 100 eggs from what mine are laying, yet seems to be only around 10 or so actually hatch.

When I pulled the pot out of the fry tank this morning, you could still see silver eyes as though they were still alive. I guess the next batch I will try less bubbles and maybe even leave the pot in a few extra days if not many initially hatch.
I leave the eggs a day, then pull em. I have a lot 25+ hatch, but die off the first 48 hrs is bad.

Update:

As of this morning, it appears that 5 or 6 are still alive. 2 were swimming around and the others were on the bottom, but did move on occasion. If still alive when I get home this afternoon, I will add a small amount of TDO Chroma Boost - A.

Also started feeding the clowns some frozen foods. Mysis & Reef Frenzy. Already had some in the freezer. I read yesterday where some people greatly increased their hatch rate by upping the quality & quantity of food to their clowns. Worth a shot.

Update:

As of this morning, it appears that 5 or 6 are still alive. 2 were swimming around and the others were on the bottom, but did move on occasion. If still alive when I get home this afternoon, I will add a small amount of TDO Chroma Boost - A.

Also started feeding the clowns some frozen foods. Mysis & Reef Frenzy. Already had some in the freezer. I read yesterday where some people greatly increased their hatch rate by upping the quality & quantity of food to their clowns. Worth a shot.

Feed till they stop eating...

As of this morning, 2 - are still alive & swimming around. Possibly another one or two, just didn't have much time before work to stare into the tank.

It's hard to see them with all the rotifers swimming around. I haven't had to add any rotifers to the fry tank in 2 days, because they are multiplying faster than the fry can eat them, lol.

As of this morning, 2 - are still alive & swimming around. Possibly another one or two, just didn't have much time before work to stare into the tank.

It's hard to see them with all the rotifers swimming around. I haven't had to add any rotifers to the fry tank in 2 days, because they are multiplying faster than the fry can eat them, lol.
Fingers crossed

Back