So what do you guys think of this frag pack

nashorn

What do you guys think of these frags?

What would you pay for these? I just brought these and just wondering?
Pic from my iphone6
250 MH 14k DE

Those are some extremely nice looking frags, thick, multi branched, great color on them, the only way these frags could be any better would be if they had encrusted their plugs, at least some anyway. These frags, imo are about as good as it gets. But the question is ,,,, how much would I pay for these frags. To determine what I would pay, several factors come into play. Are they are named corals, to me that means, I can go online and look up pictures as to what these corals will grow into as colonies, show a track record for keeping their color and have proven that they can do good in a aquarium system, as opposed to a wild colony that was imported, chopped up into frags and glued onto frag plugs with no history behind them, meaning they meet non of my named coral criteria. Next question for me in determining what I would pay, would be how hard are these coral frags are to obtain, if they are a named coral, lets face it, the harder they are to get the more the price go up because of demand.

You didn't give me any of the info that I use in figuring out what I would pay for the corals, you just took a pic posted it and asked what I would pay. I am just your average Reefer, have a 150g SPS tank in my home with limited space. I buy the best looking proven named corals that I can afford for my tank. I don't want to spend the time and $$$ to buy a non named coral, grow it out to determine 1 year down the road that I don't like the coral, pull it out of my system and then stick another frag back into that spot and start all over. I am not rich, but I can afford to buy named corals with history, maybe not ones like Reef Raft Corals sells, but moderately priced named corals. Corals like a Red Planet, Strawberry Short cake, those types of corals.

So, what would I pay for these corals, taken everything in consideration that I use to determine what I would pay and being a average Reefer, with a small budget to work with, not a big budget, but a budget non the less,,,, I wouldn't pay a dime for the corals, they wouldn't make it into my tank, no matter the price. I need or want, to know what I will be getting 1 1/2 years down the road.

I will come at from another direction for you also :) If I was a Reefer that pretty much had no budget for corals for my tank, and given my criteria for figuring out what I would pay for you for your corals. I would look at what price of a named coral like a Red Planet or a Strawberry Short Cake frag would cost me, say $50 each, I would pay you $25 per coral each for your coral frags with the info you have given.

I am sure you weren't looking for this type of a reply, but for me, its not just a simple, put a price on the frags and into my tank they go. I have a lot of time and money invested in my tank. Determining the brand of skimmer that I have on my system was a two month ordeal, spending my hard earned money and choosing corals for my tank is no less of an ordeal. Props to you though, they are some nice looking frags :)

Yea, if these were name corals then it would be many times the price I paid.
All wild here frags. I prefer fresh cut so don't really care if encrusted or not. I know the colonies they came from had been in the store for a month or more.
Here's a pic of all the other frags I had to choose from
422dfe02cbf06e4be55a209b451dcbca.jpg

wild frags makes a difference. i would not have paid much. they are just making frags to make more $!!!!
the colonies only cost $5 to $10 wholesale plus shipping and they get maybe 5-10 frags per piece. not a good deal for you!!!!

Yea, if these were name corals then it would be many times the price I paid.
All wild here frags. I prefer fresh cut so don't really care if encrusted or not. I know the colonies they came from had been in the store for a month or more.
Here's a pic of all the other frags I had to choose from
422dfe02cbf06e4be55a209b451dcbca.jpg
Looks familiar....Let me guess, Neptunes 10 dollar section? They have great selection for the money. If not, tell me where so I can go check it out. :D

wild frags makes a difference. i would not have paid much. they are just making frags to make more $!!!!
the colonies only cost $5 to $10 wholesale plus shipping and they get maybe 5-10 frags per piece. not a good deal for you!!!!

Wow, hook me up with your wholesaler. I haven't seen prices like that, except maybe a few who do good box deals on old stock. 10 dollar wild frags is a good deal if the box they got had a good variety of different acropora. Of course they are making frags to make money, they are a buisness, I assume. Kinda hard to make a profit if your going to sell 3 dollar frags. People wouldn't come back because they could stock their tank for 50 bucks!

Wow, hook me up with your wholesaler. I haven't seen prices like that, except maybe a few who do good box deals on old stock. 10 dollar wild frags is a good deal if the box they got had a good variety of different acropora. Of course they are making frags to make money, they are a buisness, I assume. Kinda hard to make a profit if your going to sell 3 dollar frags. People wouldn't come back because they could stock their tank for 50 bucks!

here is some of 20+ pieces (on sand) i got directly from Bali, each piece cost between $5 and $10. same ones you see on DD for $65+. i could make big money if i broke them up and sold as frags..... when i buy frags i assume they are aquacultured, not a broken up maricultured coral!........ $10 for frags is not to bad, but you should know what they are doing.

http://[URL=http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/CHSUB/media/image_zpsa2cba71b.jpg.html][/URL]

http://[URL=http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/CHSUB/media/image_zps68f7650e.jpg.html][/URL]

Back