Solaris LED Illumination System

Yellow world

In Memoriam
Does any one use Solaris LED Illumination System? I would like to have some of your advise/suggestion before I'm going to purchase this system for my tank.

I dont think they are out yet, dont think they will be available till aug 12 or 15th.....look cook, sound cool, but the price...ouch!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7815162#post7815162 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chalowolf
I think i'll wait till the price comes down. LED s are getting cheeper.

The LED is always cheap, the important point is it is built in the MC.

The controller is very cool. You can dial in any K you want. I was thinking of building one for my son's 10 g nano.
For now I would rather spend that much money on a Plasma instead.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7815226#post7815226 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by F18-Hornet
The LED is always cheap, the important point is it is built in the MC.

they were saying that once the small led bulb burn out, you can not replace it yet.

The LEDs should out last your tank! If one or two burn out it will not make a significant differance.

Aren't the LED's bulb need to be solder to the circuit board? How are we going to do that...hmmm.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7817842#post7817842 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hitekfreak
Aren't the LED's bulb need to be solder to the circuit board? How are we going to do that...hmmm.

that is why you have friends like f-18. Why do you think I be-friend with him? anyway, I probably can't afford this lighting so no worry here.:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7817878#post7817878 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tetra
that is why you have friends like f-18. Why do you think I be-friend with him? anyway, I probably can't afford this lighting so no worry here.:D

don't brokeback on me, it's ain't work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7815505#post7815505 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by laverda
The LEDs should out last your tank! If one or two burn out it will not make a significant differance.

You sure about that? :D

so how long do they really last? 10 years? 20? 30?

I have one tank going on 8 years and Paul B has one going on around 35. :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7815243#post7815243 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chalowolf
The controller is very cool. You can dial in any K you want.

*** Have I been away from RC this long? They're making lamps with adjustable K temp now?!?

They have 2 models, same price, they are getting another shipment in, already sold out of the 1st batch. Will be interesting to see how the boards holdup.

Back