Some pictures from my recent article

smoq

Just wanted to share some pictures I took for my blog. Few of them didn't make it there so I'm showing them here. LMK if you like them.

120203_6154.jpg

120203_6159.jpg

120203_6168.jpg

acropora.jpg

blasto.jpg

christmaswrasse.jpg

christmaswrasse2.jpg

greenpocilipora.jpg

koletang.jpg

midasblenny.jpg

Yep, this is simply amazing! Care to elaborate on the setup that you use to take these wonderful pictures?

Gorgeous pictures! I love the orange blasto and the zoa pics. May I use the zoa picture as my wallpaper on my computer?

Thanks guys for your comments. I've been quite silent on RC and more active on my local NY area forum but I have a large portfolio of pictures so I will share more later. I'm glad you like them.
The camera is Nikon D7000+ 90mm Tamron lens attached to it. Most pictures in this gallery were taken under purely royal blue lights with modified flash and gels on the lens, that's why you see those crazy colors.
Stephlionfish, you can use zoa picture as your wallpaper, no problem. PM me your e-mail, I'll send you high-res version of it.

Holy.... Where did you get that blasto? I'm only a couple hours north, let's meet in the middle, I'll throw ya extra for gas!

Awesome pictures in general as well! Love the kole.

Thanks everyone. Sorry dutch, not for sale, I want them to grow into huge colonies someday. Please make notice that those pictures represent coral fluorescence as I took them in blue light and that I didn't photoshop them in any other way than adjusting brightness and white balance. Couple of more from this session:

elegancecoraltentacles.jpg

elegance.jpg

cleanershrimp.jpg

120203_6207-1.jpg

elegancecoral.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to post link to my site or at least make a logo with the site on my photos, but I don't know if it's against forum rules. Can anyone help?

I would like to post link to my site or at least make a logo with the site on my photos, but I don't know if it's against forum rules. Can anyone help?

It's in the [ua]. You can't plug your site or add a URL to your images.

Sorry

I hear you Smoq, I just get a tank upgrade running and my goal is to have large colonies instead of the collection of frags most people seem to have so I'm trying to grow out some big colonies of a handful of nice pieces.

Great macros, very nice elegance!

Ok, by site rules I am not able to post my site's link, so I set it up as my homepage. If you want to see my other reef creations visit my homepage:) And once again thanks for comments

with modified flash and gels on the lens,

First of all, VERY, VERY impressive, well done!

Do you mind expanding on what you mean by "modified flash"? How or what did you modify?

What gel(s), type/brand, did you use on the lens?

Again, all the praise you are receiving is well deserved, congratulations.

Back