some zoa close ups

I used my own settings, on my camera it is M mode. It permits me to change the aperture and shutter speed as needed to get the lighting I want.
i wasn't using a macro lense, just a macro extension tube and a 40-150 lense that came with the camera, and e-500. I plan to get a 50mm f2 macro lens, but i have to save up for it first.

Great Zoa's and GRREAT pics!:)

Here are some of my pics, though the zoa's are common.
Enjoy,:rollface:

eagleeyeemail.jpg
IMG_7878email.jpg
IMG_5384email.jpg

21reefman, i like how you have the softies and SPS seperated into two different tank systems. I'm guessing they aren't connected. good job regardless, looks great!

People don't beleive me when I say there are alot of complications in the water chemistry when you try to do a mixed reef.......as SPS prefer low nutrient systems, and zoas / other softies like the normal/high nutrient systems.

those in your 2nd pic..arent zoanthids right? they look more like some kind of palythoa, or if i'm totally off base some type of gorgonian like a flower pot.

Anthony, any new pics? I need to take some new pics of those protopalythoa spp (the pink/greenish ones with the green mouth), they look much much better now and are starting to grow some new spuds.

Back