something fishy(the store)

chrisscerati

is it still a solid place to buy from? after the collapse of my lfs stores within a few minutes im very weary of buying locally but id really rather not pay $80 for 3 chromis shipped from vivid

also was looking at Delawares premium aquatics? i only have found old reviews on both so i was hoping for an updated perspective

If you are talking about In Northhampton PA, I buy almost all my fish and everything from there. Really nice and try to help you out. I would recommend it for fish, their corals are nice but really expensive. I would try to buy from fellow reefers if you can (for corals)

I highly recommend them. It's the only place I've ever gone too for my tank. The owners are really nice and don't try to sell you things just for the money. The employees are also helpful and most of them have tanks themselves. I go there a lot and know the store pretty well so if you have any other question feel free to message me.

I don't live there so I know nothing about lfs's around there but support your lfs. I mean don't spend a ridiculous amount on corals but pay the few extra bucks at your lfs. Also buying from a fellow reefer is a great idea. I recently bought 3 monti cap colonies for $30 shipped from a fellow reefer.

good for fish, inverts and supplies. I would avoid the corals...or you'll likely bring home a parasite and the corals are very overpriced

i love using lfs's but the last few years it was rough
we have the following stores within a half hour

pet plus-used to work for them and there despicable( they use to own nemo's or maybe currently do not sure)

the pet shack use to be great but the main owner passed away of a heart attack then it went to be a big mess afterwords

so my choices arent very abundant but i just started to find these other places not too far away something fishy will probably become my store to go to i just get really worried about parasites,hitchhikers and what not with stores that move high volume

I have purchased several things from them as well with good success.

Where do you live becasue that fish place is not that far away (Lancaster, PA)

There is a shop just outside of Reading, PA (A to Z) that has the best Live Rock I have ever seen.

i live about 10 mins form the store. It is pretty decent. good selection of fish etc. one negative is NO returns on livestock. That can be costly. They have some good sales. Just had a $2 frag sale, but there can be some pests like aptasia on corals (the rocks they are on). They have 3 or 4 stock tanks full of live rock. Worth the trip to at least check it out. should only be about 35-40 mins from Lansdale.

Near Reading is Reef and Tails. He is only open Sundays and by appointment other times. I have had good luck there in the past. I won't ever buy fish for That Fish Place again.

have you had anything die from there without cause?

i just lost a new copperband and chromis, but to say it was without cause would be hard to prove. I have also had fish from there that lived for years. When I buy from there, I pretty much only do it when they are on sale, and I understand the risks.

If you are in Lansdale, you are probably just as close to ASR in Fraser (Malvern). http://m.aquariumspecialtiesresearch.com Mike is great, reasonable prices, awesome coral selection. He will order in whatever fish you want and tries to have as much of his stock a possible aquacultured, tank raised, etc.

The website doesn't show much, but the facebook page is inspiring. He posts photos of a lot of the incoming livestock and at least weekly videos walk throughs on facebook.

Back