Something is eating my Ice Fire

Flagg37

I recently just purchased an Ice Fire and have been watching it going down hill. It look like something is eating it. Not its flesh, but its skeleton too.

IMG_3889.JPG
This is day 1 after just placing it in the tank after acclimating and dipping it.

IMG_3898.JPG
Day 2

IMG_3899.JPG
Day 3 (today)

It seems to be happening at night. I've never seen anything nipping at it.

I went through some of my older pictures and this has happened on a lesser scale to another acro I had.

IMG_3530.JPG
IMG_3553.JPG

Has anyone know what could be doing this. My Ice Fire is almost gone.

My best guess as to the culprit is my coral beauty. I just thought they go for more fleshy coral.

I would agree withe the coral beauty, I know some people that said they saw theirs nip at some of their sps. What other livestock do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Fish: coral beauty, yellow tang, six line wras, cardinal, and a pair of ocellaris.

Invertebrates: emerald crab, hermit crabs, short spine urchin, brittle sea star, and various snails.

Coral beauty or emerald crab. I had a large emerald that liked my setosa a little too much, so he's living in the fuge until I can find him a new home. But, I would agree, angels are notorious nippers.

The only reason I would suspect the emerald crab over the beauty is because it seems like the damage is done over night and that's when Joseph (the emerald crab) comes out.

Is there anything I could do to protect it? I wonder if I could set something up temporarily. Long enough to let it heal. I don't have a quarantine tank.

Back