SPS Before and After Pictures, Need Advice From the Experienced

How about a sea hare?
Do you still have all of your snails?
The reason why you are getting 0 readings on nutrients is because that algea is consuming it all..

do you have a sump and if so what macro algae are you growing? Ever read up on the ATS? Right now your export is manually removing green hair algae. In my experience out compete the green hair alage with a super well lite fuge of chaeto or an Algae Turf Scrubber

do you have a sump and if so what macro algae are you growing? Ever read up on the ATS? Right now your export is manually removing green hair algae. In my experience out compete the green hair alage with a super well lite fuge of chaeto or an Algae Turf Scrubber

Yep, I have had a large ball of chaeto growing like crazy in my fuge, I harvest a fist sized chunk out bi weekly.

All Turbos worked in the beginning then slowed and died months later.

I tried another batch of turbos and they won't touch this kind of algae.

I just put a Sea Hare (aplysia sp) in a couple days ago (slowly acclimated). It is alive but hasn't moved at all or done anything.

How about a sea hare?
Do you still have all of your snails?
The reason why you are getting 0 readings on nutrients is because that algea is consuming it all..

All Turbos worked in the beginning then slowed and died months later.

I tried another batch of turbos and they won't touch this kind of algae.

I just put a Sea Hare (aplysia sp) in a couple days ago (slowly acclimated). It is alive but hasn't moved at all or done anything.

How long are you running lights? Try reducing, I do 8 hrs white 4 hrs blue, try a tang my powder blue loves picking at that stuff all day also fox face does a good job too my hermit crabs like to graze also other than that good luck !

How long are you running lights? Try reducing, I do 8 hrs white 4 hrs blue, try a tang my powder blue loves picking at that stuff all day also fox face does a good job too my hermit crabs like to graze also other than that good luck !

Do you have Hydra Fifty Two's as well?

I believe they are hydra corilla 8 I have 2 and 2 hydra corilla 7s working off a wave maker set about 70 percent .bit over kill but keeps the DT clear.

Back