Sps colony receding at base

RDMike

Hi guys,

I have a problem with one of my sps colony. Last fri, I noticed a section of it was dead when I came home from being 1 week away. This section can be seen on the top left side of the colony.
14b15bc81c0602.jpg

14b15bc821309a.jpg

Now the base seems to be receding. All other 50+ sps are okay. My tank is a 75g, with 4 6045 nanostreams. Im thinking it might be a flow issue, so I pointed a stream at it. Could it be any other issues that could be causing this? Thanks

Tank parameter:
salinity 1.025 (refractometer)
Alk - 8.3
Ca - 450
Mag 1290

IME and with pocci like that as well as BOP it seems to grow too dense for the light to get to the base. I see some towards the top of your colony at the overflow though.

my birdsnest looks the same but that is due to lack of light at the bottom of the BN. Yours might be a stn issue , unless the back of that pocci is not getting light either. Did the color fade over time or just all of a sudden bleach in that area?

Try pushing some flow down against that overflow, i bet your just not getting enough since it started filling out and shading over.

Check at night with a flashlight to see if a gorilla crab is going to town on it.Make sure to check sporadically if you see a hairy crab kill it on the spot.

Back