SPS with softies??

T Diddy

Happy to be here
Typically, it’s considered a bad idea, as soft corals such as leathers and colts can slime off toxins that are damaging to the more sensitive SPS species.

Having said that, I’ve never owned any ricordia, and very few zoanthids. I’d like to try them out in my new build. Should I be concerned about the dangers of mixing SPS and soft coral with ricordia?

I didn’t think there’d be any problems, but I’m doing my very best not to screw this up. I’m trying some new things this time around just for the sake of doing it.

I had mushrooms, yumas, toadstools, sinularia, Xenia, GSP and Kenya tree in with my sps and no noticeable effects other than any of the leathers physically touching the SPS will kill them.

Currently just sinularia, toadstool, Kenya, GSP, and a couple mushrooms left. All will be moved out either to my softie tank or trade in, not due to ill effects but working on a primarily SPS with some LPS reef

Well that’s a relief. Not that I’m trying do a mixed reef, but I’d like to have the option if something really catches my eye. I’ll definitely give the ricordia a try. Like griss said, they used to show up on the occasional live rock as a bonus. Now people get upwards of $50 for a single polyp. 🙄

Well that’s a relief. Not that I’m trying do a mixed reef, but I’d like to have the option if something really catches my eye. I’ll definitely give the ricordia a try. Like griss said, they used to show up on the occasional live rock as a bonus. Now people get upwards of $50 for a single polyp. 🙄
If you want reasonably priced Rics and Zoas, check KP Aquatics and Reeftopia.

Maybe he’s got a secret stash somewhere?
Maybe, just looked and all are still showing out of stock. I’ve got a gift cert our kids got me for Christmas so, I was going to place an order. That’s why I looked .

Maybe, just looked and all are still showing out of stock. I’ve got a gift cert our kids got me for Christmas so, I was going to place an order. That’s why I looked .
Yeah, I saw that as well. I don’t think everything goes on the website without an initial quarantine period . I spoke with him directly about what I was looking for.

Yeah, I saw that as well. I don’t think everything goes on the website without an initial quarantine period . I spoke with him directly about what I was looking for.
I emailed Philipp and Kara, I’ll see what kind of response I get🙂

I know that they shut down for the holidays a week before Christmas, and weren’t planning on reopening until after the New Year’s Day. They’re pretty good about responding to emails. I told Philipp what I was looking for, and he said it shouldn’t be a problem if I could wait until January.

Back